Super-Seedy Granola Bars
These grab-and-go bars are packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats. Cover them with plastic wrap to store in the fridge or freezer for a quick, portable snack.
- [125 grams] 1½ cups quick-cooking oats
- [55 grams] ½ cup sliced almonds
- [35 grams] ¼ cup sesame seeds
- [35 grams] 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- [40 grams] ¼ cup hemp seeds
- [3 grams] 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- [3 grams] ½ teaspoon salt
- [240 grams] 1 cup unsalted peanut butter
- [170 grams] ½ cup (120 milliliters) honey
- [4 grams] 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) vanilla extract
- Line a 9-by-9-inch square pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap with enough overhang for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract until very smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and, using a wooden spoon, stir until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Using the back of a wooden spoon or an offset spatula, firmly press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Gently lift the parchment or plastic overhang to remove from pan and slice into 16 bars.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap individual bars in plastic wrap or parchment paper and place in a freezer-safe bag to store in the fridge or freezer. Serves 16.
- If using old-fashioned oats, pulse oats a few times in a food processor to break up the texture.
- If using salted peanut butter, use only ¼ teaspoon salt.
Serving size: 1 bar (45 grams)
CALORIES 209; TOTAL FAT 13g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 77mg; CARB. 20g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 11g; PROTEIN 7g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition information for potassium and phosphorus in hemp seed not available.