This one-pan meal is full of flavor! Add an extra squeeze of lemon to bring even more sunshine to the dish. Ground turkey, zucchini, peas and fluffy gnocchi create balance, while lemon, spices and goat cheese bring the flavor. From start to finish, this dish is on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 18-ounce package gnocchi
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 to 4 ounces goat cheese, in chunks
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground turkey until it is no longer pink.
- Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, zucchini and frozen peas. Drizzle more olive oil to coat pan, if needed. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add gnocchi, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Add goat cheese and incorporate as it melts. Serves 4.