This simple, no-cook, vegan dessert recipe can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and will satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth. It was the go-to snack for my children when they were young, and it remains a family favorite today.
Info for Chocolate Lovers
Cocoa powder is made by removing the fat (cocoa butter) from bitter chocolate and powdering the remaining material. Using cocoa powder is a great way to get the benefits of cocoa flavonoids (a class of phytochemicals that may have a role in lowering blood pressure) without the saturated fat calories from cocoa butter.
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 12 ounces firm tofu, silken preferred
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons soymilk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, cover and puree until smooth.
- Pour into individual ramekins and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Serves 4.