Did you know that an avocado has more than twice the amount of potassium as a banana? Avocados make a great butter substitute in baked goods when used in the right quantities!
Avocado Peanut Chocolate Truffles
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 ounces dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- Cut avocado, remove pit and mash the flesh with a fork until completely smooth and lump free.
- Melt chocolate slowly either in the microwave or on the stove; careful not to burn.
- Add avocado to melted chocolate.
- Stir in peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and half of the cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Scoop into rounds or form balls with your hands. Roll truffles in the remaining 1¼ tablespoon of cocoa powder.
Variations: Substitute 2 tablespoons fine minced almonds or other nuts for the peanut butter.