We like to keep things interesting with breakfast around here. It’s so easy to fall into the habit of having the same few breakfast favorites, but the variety of nutrients and versatility eggs provide makes breakfast fun!
Did you know…. Eggs are a universal food and an important part of cuisines around the globe. Every culture has its own recipes for egg dishes!
These egg muffins are:
- Great for meal prep
- Low carb
- High in protein
- Truly tasty
- A fun way to eat eggs
- Perfect for on the go!
Helpful tips when making bacon, basil, sun-dried tomato egg muffins:
- Grease of line your cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray or use silicone liners for EASY removal and clean up!
- Fill each tin ¾ full.
- Sometimes you may notice your muffin collapse a little. This can be solved by making sure your eggs are whisked very well, not using veggies that have too much water, or bake them for just a little longer.
- Customize it! If you don’t like onion, swap it out for another veggie you love. You can add in mushrooms, asparagus, bell peppers, spinach, etc.
- Don’t have bacon on hand? Make them meat free or use diced ham, salami or even pepperoni! Fan of spicy? Add in jalapenos or hot sauce!
- If you use frozen veggies, thaw and strain to remove excess water.
- These egg muffins store well in the fridge for 4 to 5 days in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
- You can reheat the muffins in the microwave for about 30 seconds or if you have extra time throw them back in the oven at 325°F for about 5 to 10 minutes or until warm.
I hope you love these egg muffins! Reminder: These bake beautifully, but make sure you spray your pan well with non-stick spray otherwise they will stick (or use the silicone liners!)
Bacon, Basil, Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Muffins are a super quick, tasty and easy way to make breakfast healthy while on the go. They are low carb, great for meal prep and a high in protein!
Bacon, Basil, Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Muffins
- 10 large eggs
- ¾ cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons. Parmesan (to sprinkle on top prior to baking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together.
- Gather all of your other ingredients to mix in with the eggs. You’ll stir in the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon crumbles, red onion, fresh basil, milk, salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone liners. Fill the cups ¾ of the way with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan right before baking (optional but recommended) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!