These tacos are anything but boring. They are extremely colorful and full of nutrients. And, you won’t even know it because they taste so good! These are a great way to get in omega-3 essential fatty acids (heart-healthy fats), and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends consuming 8 ounces of fish per week. This recipe makes 4 tacos, 2 for now, 2 for lunch tomorrow!
Blackened Salmon Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa
- 1 cup roasted corn
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 8 ounces salmon
- 4 purple corn tortillas
- Combine roasted corn, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper and chill, if desired.
- Preheat cast iron skillet and coat bottom of pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle jerk seasoning on salmon and cook 3-5 minutes on each side to internal temperature of at least 145°F.
- Once salmon is cooked, add 2 ounces of salmon to each tortilla and top with salsa.
Optional: Mix ½ cup Greek yogurt, ½ lime, juiced and a pinch of salt for an extra taco topping or serve with diced avocado.