Every fall I love to experiment with different sweet potato recipes and these Cranberry Pecan Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes have made it to the top of my list! The great thing about this recipe is that it can be a quick weeknight meal or a festive and stunning side dish on the holiday table. The beautiful fall colors are just simply lovely!
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenderloin
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Optional: rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Individually wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, then place on the oven rack and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes. You’ll know they’re done when you gently press the side of one, and it’s very soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, season chicken with the garlic powder, onions powder, paprika and salt/pepper. Add olive oil in the bottom of a medium skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side until done. Add in pecans, cranberries, and onions then toss to combine.
- Half each cooked potato and top each potato with a hefty portion of the cranberry pecan chicken mixture. Top with fresh rosemary and serve!