This year’s motto has been, “work smarter not harder.” According to my husband, I seem to take the long road to accomplish things, so I’ve made it my mission to make changes to make my life easier, which includes dinner time! Instead of spending several hours in the kitchen, and dirtying up tons of dishes, I’ve been relying on one-pan meals.
One-pan meals are my favorite because they are easy and allow me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family. Since we are salmon lovers, I decided to make this delicious Creamy One-Pot Garlicky Salmon & Asparagus!
Here’s why we are salmon lovers:
- Great Source of Omega 3s: Salmon is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, and has been linked to several health benefits.
- Great Source of Protein: Salmon is a great source of protein! A 3 oz serving of salmon contains approximately 20-25 grams of protein. Protein is essential for helping our bodies heal after injuries and it protects our bones and muscle mass.
- Great Source of Potassium: Salmon is also a great source of potassium! Most people often view bananas as the best source of potassium but surprisingly, one 3 oz serving provides about 18% of the recommended daily intake for most adults.
This dish may look fancy, but all you need is one pot and 30 minutes and you’ll have an amazing meal that the entire family will enjoy. When making this recipe, I recommend using a Dutch oven or a large skillet.
This Creamy One-Pot Garlicky Salmon & Asparagus will literally melt in your mouth! After one bite, I was tempted to say that this is the best salmon recipe that I’ve ever made!
CREAMY ONE-POT GARLICKY SALMON & ASPARAGUS
- 4 pieces salmon, 4 to 5 oz each
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp margarine reduced fat
- ¾ cups fat free half & half
- ½ cup chicken stock reduced fat
- 2 bunches asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 ½ cups baby portobella mushrooms, sliced
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, add 2 tbsp of oil on med-high heat.
- Season the salmon with Cajun seasoning, thyme, and salt/pepper to taste and place in pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness is reached. Remove salmon from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add margarine, garlic, mushrooms, half & half, and chicken stock to the same pan. Stir until sauce starts to simmer.
- Add asparagus and cover with a lid. Cook for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Remove lid and add salmon back to the skillet. Spoon sauce over salmon and serve.