If you’re looking for a simple salad, look no further. This cucumber tomato salad requires only five ingredients and is ready in just 10 minutes! The preparation of this salad is easy and only requires you to slice the tomatoes and cucumbers, and then toss all the ingredients together.
Sometimes I will add additional ingredients if I have them on hand. Here are some of my favorites:
- Red onion
- Fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Miniature mozzarella pearls
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic and Dill
- 3 cups miniature cucumbers, sliced and halved
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill
Peel and slice the cucumbers, then cut the slices in half. Slice the tomatoes into halves or thirds depending on the size of each tomato. Toss the cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dill together in a large bowl. Garnish with a little extra dill if desired and serve!
- Any type of cucumber can be used for this recipe. I prefer the miniature cucumbers as they are the perfect size when you cut the slices in half.
- Any type of tomato can be used for this recipe. I prefer to use grape tomatoes which are easy to slice into halves or thirds.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon of fresh dill.
- This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.