Though more sweet than spicy, shishito peppers are hot! These small, thin ancient Japanese native peppers are currently trendy in the culinary world. Roasted shishitos are my go-to appetizer when entertaining because they are crazy-easy to prepare and make a great finger food. But please, a warning: You will become addicted to this recipe!
- 2 pints shishito peppers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ to 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss peppers with olive oil and sea salt.
- Spread on baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until slightly blistered.
- Finish the peppers with extra salt, if needed. Serve immediately.