It’s time for a change in your normal coleslaw routine. While traditional recipes are delicious, coleslaw can take on a different personality by switching up the dressing. Shredded cabbage, the main ingredient in coleslaw, has a light, peppery taste that pairs well with bolder flavors like cilantro and lime, or even a little cayenne pepper. It’s a flavor combination that tastes good all by itself or as a topping for fish tacos or barbecue sandwiches.
Easy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- Juice of 2 limes (about ⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 14-ounce bag fresh coleslaw mix (about 7 cups)
For the dressing, in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt and cayenne pepper until smooth and well mixed.
In a large bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix and chopped cilantro. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw-cilantro mix and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Goes very well with fish tacos!
- Fresh coleslaw mix usually contains fresh shredded cabbage and carrots