Healthy S’mores Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, ¼ cup of the graham cracker crumbs, flaxseed, hemp hearts, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, combine tahini, honey and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
Place them on the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie to ¼-inch-thick with a spatula and top with chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
Bake for 7 minutes on middle rack, then broil on high for 1 minute to toast the marshmallows.
- Flaxseed and hemp hearts are optional but will give the cookies a nutritional boost. You can purchase a flax-hemp mix and avoid having to buy them separately.
- Substitute your favorite nut butter for the tahini, if desired.
- Cookies can be stored for up to 7 days in an airtight container.