I was recently reminded that it is indeed Girl Scout cookie season. While I haven’t quite figured out how to order any this year (I don’t know any Girl Scouts!) I have satisfied my craving for Thin Mint cookies with this super creamy and healthy shake!
Curious about the ingredients in this shake?
- Oat milk: This plant-based milk is naturally dairy, lactose free, soy and nut free.
- Bananas: Bananas contain many important nutrients such as fiber, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. They also add natural sweetness to the shake and make it thick and creamy.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is naturally higher in protein than regular yogurt.
- Chia seeds: I like to call chia seeds “nutrition sprinkles.” They are filled with fiber, magnesium, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, and many other nutrients.
- Pure Maple Syrup: For a touch of sweetness.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder contains polyphenols, which may help reduce inflammation in the body.
Healthy Thin Mint Shake Tips
- I like to keep frozen bananas in the freezer at all times, so when I crave a smoothie or a shake, the banana (which adds so much sweetness and creaminess) is ready to go!
- This recipe comes together quick, so there isn’t much to prep ahead.
- If you are dairy free, you can substitute a plant-based Greek yogurt for the traditional Greek yogurt. Just make sure to use plain, unflavored.
- I love using oat milk in this shake, but almond, soy or dairy milk would work here too.
Healthy Thin Mint Shake
- ½ cup oat milk
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!