There’s nothing more comforting than a hearty bowl of soup on a cold winter day. This delicious plant-centered soup features heart-healthy pinto beans, Swiss chard, bone broth and chicken breast for a rich flavor combo that will warm you up all winter long. When it comes to meal prep, this soup is an easy meal you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Instant Pot Hearty Winter Soup
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 bunch chopped celery
- 3 large chopped carrots
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 bunch chopped Swiss chard
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1 can no salt added pinto beans
- 1lb boneless, skinless, cubed chicken breast
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Rinse, dry and chop the celery, carrots, onion, Swiss chard, garlic and red potatoes.
- Turn on your Instant Pot and set to ‘sauté.’
- Add butter and sauté celery, carrots and onion until caramelized.
- Add in chicken, bone broth, water and potatoes.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘soup’ for 10 minutes and cover with lid and close vent.
- Once the time is up, release the pressure vent and add in Swiss chard and pinto beans. Cook for another 5 minutes with lid off, stirring frequently and serve.