There’s something about a fat, crunchy pickle that just screams SUMMER to me! These Homemade Garlic and Basil Pickles are loaded with crunch and flavor, without all the preservatives and food coloring found in store-bought pickles. Feel free to play around with the flavorings and you can multiply this recipe as many times as you like. All of the ingredients listed will fit in a wide-mouth 12 oz. Mason jar. Make as many jars as you’d like.
Homemade Garlic and Basil Pickles
- 1 pickling cucumber
- 12 oz. wide mouth Mason jar
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup distilled white vinegar
- Chop the cucumber into desired shapes (leave whole, halves, spears or round slices). Place into your Mason jar.
- Add the salt, garlic, basil and vinegars.
- Then fill the jar just to the top with water. Secure lid and shake to mix ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours before eating. Enjoy!