Creamy butternut and Thai red curry bisque – a unique soup that’s perfect for colder days.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Kikkoman® as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Alexandra Caspero, MA, RD
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
- 1 cup no salt added vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups coconut non-dairy beverage
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large stock pan over medium heat. Add the onion, squash and carrots and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is translucent and squash and carrots have started to break down. Add in the red curry paste, garlic, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. Add in the broth, water and coconut milk beverage, then reduce heat to low. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
Transfer to a blender to purée until creamy and thick; or use an immersion blender in the stockpot. Add in remaining the tablespoon of soy sauce and lime juice. Divide among bowls and garnish with more coconut milk and fresh cilantro leaves, if desired. Serves 4.
Serving Size: 1¼ cup
CALORIES 162; TOTAL FAT 6g; SAT. FAT 3g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 611mg; CARB. 26g; FIBER 7g; SUGARS 6g; PROTEIN 3g