A tasty dish of rice noodles, spinach, carrots, bell peppers and fresh herbs tossed in a savory Thai peanut sauce. This Thai-inspired salad can be served hot or cold.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Kikkoman® as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Alexandra Caspero, MA, RD
- 6 ounces thin rice noodles
- 4 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers, red and/or yellow
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped peanuts
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts to garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until just al-dente, taking care not to overcook. Depending on the brand, this may be between 2 and 4 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water and set aside. Place the spinach, carrots, bell peppers, cilantro, mint, scallions, peanuts and rinsed and drained noodles in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. The consistency should be like a thin dressing. If it’s too thick, add more water, if it’s too thin, add more peanut butter one tablespoon at a time. Add in ½ of the dressing to the noodle mixture and toss to combine. Add the rest of the dressing, tossing again. Divide among plates and garnish with additional herbs and peanuts, if desired. Serves 4.
Serving Size: 1¼ cup
CALORIES 407; TOTAL FAT 18g; SAT. FAT 3g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 482mg; CARB. 53g; FIBER 6g; SUGARS 11g; PROTEIN 13g