In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For December, Celestina shares with us how to add an easy punch of flavor to salmon. This dish can be served with basmati rice and sautéed zucchini or quinoa and a mixed green salad. Enjoy!
Mustard Crusted Salmon
- 4 4-ounce salmon filets
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fennel tops (or 1 tablespoon powdered fennel seed)
- 1½ tablespoons herbes de Provence
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place salmon on parchment-lined baking sheet. Rub with the olive oil.
- Cover each filet with ¼ of the fennel tops and herbes de Provence.
- Combine the mustards and spread over the filets, using a rubber spatula or spoon to cover completely.
- Bake the salmon until flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes. For a crunchier crust, broil for 1 to 2 minutes.