Savory olives are full of monounsaturated, heart-healthy fat. The addition of roasted red peppers gives this tapenade a sweet contrast and improves the color of the dip.
Serve it with warm pita bread or spread on a cracker. Then, toss any leftover tapenade in whole-wheat pasta with tomatoes and cooked chicken. You won't be disappointed!
- ½ cup green olives with pimientos
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely chop the two types of olives and red pepper.
- Place in a bowl and add minced garlic, oregano and olive oil.
- Stir well and serve with warm pita bread or crackers.
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Calories: 34; Total fat: 2.4g; Protein: 4g; Carbohydrate: 0.5g; Fiber: 0.5g; Sodium: 105mg