One-Pan Taco Skillet was one of my mom’s go-to dinner recipes when we were growing up in the house. Now, it’s turned into a staple here in my house!
Reasons Why It’s Such a Keeper Recipe
- Easy to make
- Everyone always loves it
- You can have most ingredients already stocked and in your pantry
- It’s a balanced meal along with a salad or grilled veggie
- It’s satisfying
Different Beans (Besides the Kidney Beans) You Can Add to This Meal
- Black beans
- Pinto beans
- Black-eyed peas
- Navy beans
I love this meal not only because it is quick but it is budget-friendly as well. Cutting up the flour tortilla is recommended, but if you’d like to control the amount of tortilla you are consuming, skip this step and eat the tortilla on the side!
One-Pan Taco Skillet
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1-ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10¾-ounce can low-sodium tomato soup
- 5 to 10 tortillas, cut into strips
- ½ cup shredded cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with olive oil, diced onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink. Drain out any liquid leftover in the pan.
- Add in the taco seasoning, salsa, tomato soup and kidney beans. Mix together and bring to a boil, then let it simmer down for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, mix in tortilla strips and top with cheese. Enjoy!
For a spicy kick, add in jalapeños or sriracha sauce! Can substitute black beans for kidney beans.