Living in New Jersey, I wait all year longing for our juicy summer peaches. One of my favorite ways to enjoy them is in my Peaches and Cream Protein-Packed Cereal Bowl.
I’ve created so many recipes with peaches. Smoothie bowls, baked oatmeal, parfaits, overnight oats, salsa and more are on my summer recipe list. This time, I’m merging my love of cereal with one of my favorite fruits.
I make sure to pack my breakfast with protein and that’s led me to develop some breakfast protein hacks. Typically, cereal is not a protein-rich meal but my fix changes that! Simply whisk about 3 tablespoons of protein powder into your milk of choice. Combine a few low-sugar, higher-fiber cereals, fruit and chia seeds and you are set for a quick and easy morning meal. This recipe is packed with 22 grams of protein and a whopping 16 grams of fiber, which is almost 2/3 of the recommended daily value for women.
My protein-packed cereal bowls are easily made vegan by choosing a plant-based protein powder and nut milk. If you choose an unflavored collagen protein powder, I suggest adding some vanilla extract to the milk and possibly some sweetener to suit your taste as most flavored powders are presweetened.
I love switching up different cereals and fruits to keep breakfast interesting. This bowl works equally well with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, nectarines, cherries, plums, bananas, oranges, pomegranates and more.
Which fruit and cereal combo would be your top choice?
Peaches and Cream Protein-Packed Cereal Bowl
Wake up to the flavor of summer with this vegan Peaches and Cream Protein-Packed Cereal Bowl! With 22g of plant-based protein and a whopping 16g fiber, this sweet, creamy and crunchy breakfast is sure to become a morning favorite!
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons plant-based vanilla flavored protein powder (for non-vegan can use whey or collagen)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup toasted oat cereal
- 3⁄4 cup puffed wheat cereal
- 1⁄4 cup high fiber cereal (the kind that looks like little sticks)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- Add cereal, chia seeds and ½ of the peaches to a bowl and stir, set aside.
- In a larger measuring cup or bowl, whisk together milk, protein powder and cinnamon until completely dissolved.
- Pour milk over the cereal and top with remaining peaches and extra cinnamon if desired.