Here’s a quick meal that’s easy to make and clean-up is a breeze. This is a spin on a traditional salsa chicken. Basically turning it into a casserole of sorts. This dish is the perfect balanced meal. I like to have a lot of vegetables with meat. What can I say, it’s the dietitian in me. 🙂 Anytime you are able to get a leafy green in, you’re doing your body some good. Not to mention potatoes being beneficial as a good source of potassium. Try this meal this week!
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 10 ounces fresh chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut potatoes in fourths and spread on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch glass casserole dish.
- Top with kale and season with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Layer chicken on top of potatoes and kale. Spread salsa evenly on top of chicken and top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until potatoes are tender, kale is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro.