Feast your eyes on fall’s best appetizer or snack — pumpkin pie hummus with cinnamon pita chips.
It’s a creamy, dreamy pumpkin dip with chickpeas, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Dip with easy-to-make cinnamon sugar pita chips and watch the entire thing disappear!
Pumpkin Pie Hummus with Cinnamon Pita Chips
Cinnamon Pita Chips:
- 9-ounce box pita crackers
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Pumpkin Pie Hummus:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
To make the cinnamon pita chips:
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line the crackers on a baking sheet. Brush the melted butter on top of the crackers. Sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool.
Serve pita chips with the pumpkin pie hummus.
To make the pumpkin pie hummus:
Place all the hummus ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree until it’s very smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.