I love it when I find a recipe that is fast, delicious and healthy. Which is exactly why this shrimp dish is a winner. The creaminess of the avocado provides richness, which plays well with the tartness of the lemon and the spice of the arugula. You can use your favorite whole grain — I used Khorasan wheat (commercially known as Kamut), which has a buttery, rich, nutty flavor. This dish can be served hot or cold and is ideal for a light, summer meal.
Shrimp with Avocado, Lemon and Dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓teaspoon salt
- ⅓teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- 2 cups of a cooked whole grain such as Khorasan wheat (Kamut), quinoa, barley or whole-wheat pasta shells
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon zest, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp and toss until coated. Place shrimp on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque on the inside.
- While shrimp is cooking, combine feta cheese, arugula and cooked whole grain in a large bowl.
- Add avocado, lemon juice, dill and cooked shrimp to the arugula mixture. Toss gently until combined. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.