For a classic treat with a healthful twist, these baked berry doughnuts are topped with a sweet frosting that features siggi’s yogurt.
This sponsored recipe is brought by siggi’s as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
- ¼ cup siggi’s Mixed Berries 4% Whole-Milk Yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mixed Berry Frosting
- ½ cup siggi’s Mixed Berries 4% Whole-Milk Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, milk and yogurt. Then whisk in melted butter and vanilla.
Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, taking care not to overmix. Use a spoon or pastry bag to fill doughnut pan ¾ full with batter. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before gently removing from each cavity. Bake any remaining batter repeating process.
While doughnuts cool, make frosting: whisk together remaining yogurt, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. As soon as the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, frost.
- Doughnuts taste best the same day, but will keep in a covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Serving size: 1 doughnut
CALORIES 133; TOTAL FAT 4g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 30mg; SODIUM 193mg; CARB. 20g; FIBER 0g; SUGARS 9g; PROTEIN 4g