This soup is incredibly simple to make and, when paired with a green salad, it’s a perfect lunch or light dinner. If you prefer a spicier kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper!
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 16 ounces vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, puree 1 can of chickpeas with olive oil.
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable broth and pureed chickpeas. Add cinnamon, cumin, fenugreek and salt, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining can of chickpeas and remove soup from heat.
- Serve with a generous garnish of chopped parsley and black pepper to taste. Serves 4.