While fresh blackberries are typically available throughout the summer months, you can find them in your freezer section all year long! These sweet rolls are very easy to make and only require five ingredients! I saved time by using a pre-made crescent roll dough. My filling consisted of frozen blackberries, sugar and vanilla. I combined these ingredients in my blender and applied a generous layer of the filling onto the dough, along with a little softened butter.
SKILLET BLACKBERRY SWEET ROLLS
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 and ½ cups frozen blackberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Optional: 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-2 tablespoons milk for icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll crescent dough and pinch seams together to create one large sheet. Spread dough with softened butter and set aside.
- Combine blackberries, sugar and vanilla in a blender and spread over the buttered dough. Roll the dough into a log and cut into about 8-10 rolls. Place rolls in small, greased cast-iron skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle any of the remaining blackberry filling on top of the rolls. Top with icing, if desired and serve warm.
- For the Icing: With a fork, stir together 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of milk until smooth and pourable.