In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For July, Celestina shares with us how to make an heirloom tomato, peach and watermelon salad with burrata cheese.
Heirloom Tomato, Peach and Watermelon Salad with Burrata
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 large peaches, sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 cups watermelon, sliced ½-inch thick
- 6 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, reduced*
- Optional salt, pepper and olive oil
- Place tomatoes, peaches and watermelon on a platter or plate. Using hands, separate burrata cheese in chunks and place over salad. Top with basil and mint.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over the salad and add olive oil, salt and pepper if desired.
- Chill for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Tomatoes, peaches and watermelon can be cut into bite-size pieces rather than slices.
*For balsamic reduction, pour 1 cup balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Heat on medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be sure to watch closely because it can burn. When the vinegar coats the back of a spoon, it is done. Remove from heat and let cool. Can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for several weeks.