In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For June, Celestina shares with us how to make mahi mahi en papillote with mango salsa.
Mahi Mahi en Papillote with Mango Salsa
- 1¾-inch thick mahi mahi filet
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ⅓ cup sliced mango
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- 1 lime wedge, reserve for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut parchment paper into a heart shape, leaving at least 1 inch of space around where you will place the filet, and fold in half lengthwise.
- Open the parchment and place filet on one side of the heart shape.
- Season filet with salt, lime zest, mango, shallot, lime juice and black pepper.
- Close the parchment with the edges meeting and begin folding, sealing from the round end to the pointed end.
- Place the pouch on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until flesh is opaque and flaky.
- Remove from oven and, using a spatula, place pouch on plate. Cut parchment and fold back edges.
- Top with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve immediately.