A quick and easy breakfast that is full of fiber, protein and flavor to help keep you going all morning long.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Uncle Ben’s as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Emily Cooper, RDN
- 1 ½ pounds 93% lean ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons no-salt added taco seasoning
- ½ cup (118 milliliters) green enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, Whole Grain Brown
- 8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, add cooked turkey, beans, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a clean plate and set aside. Add olive oil to skillet and crack in eggs. Scramble with rubber spatula until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cook rice according to package directions. Place tortillas on a clean work surface or cutting board. One at a time, fill each tortilla with ½ cup rice, followed by ¼ cup scrambled eggs, and ¼ cup turkey mixture. Top each with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Fold in sides and roll to completely enclose filling. Cut in half or leave whole before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Serving Size: 1 burrito (1 wrap + 1/2 cup rice, 1/4 egg scrambled egg, 1/4 cup cooked turkey)
CALORIES 448; TOTAL FAT 15g; SAT. FAT 4g; CHOL. 173mg; SODIUM 572mg; CARB. 49g; FIBER: 6g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 28g