Pack in vegetables and whole grains for a healthy and easy dinner that’s family-friendly, too.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Uncle Ben’s as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Emily Cooper, RDN
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 (6 ounce) package Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 ½ cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine chicken, rice, contents of rice seasoning packet, peas and carrots, mushrooms, onion, and spinach in a bowl. Stir in broth and soup until completely combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until hot and bubbling, or about 30 more minutes. Top with shredded cheese 5 minutes before baking is complete. Remove casserole from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Serving Size: 1 cup
CALORIES 306; TOTAL FAT 6g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 63mg; SODIUM 600mg; CARB. 31g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 32g; POTASSIUM 632 mg