Filled with fresh vegetables and lean protein like flank steak, this flavorful rice bowl will satisfy the whole family.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Uncle Ben’s as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Jen Haugen, RDN, LD
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa Cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (15 milliliters)
- 4 tablespoons lower sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown
- 4 tablespoons sliced green onions
Prepare all vegetables and thinly slice flank steak prior to cooking as stir-fry cooks very quickly. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, then add oil. Add vegetables to skillet, tossing frequently and cooking approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan. To pan, add flank steak (may need to do in 2 batches depending on size of pan), so that steak has space to cook and not steam. Stir and cook approximately 2 minutes. Meanwhile, quickly stir together teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Add vegetables back to pan and then add teriyaki mixture. Heat through, about 2-3 minutes. Serve over prepared rice and garnish with sliced green onions. Serves 4.
Serving Size: 1 cup rice plus 1 heaping cup vegetables and beef
CALORIES 480; TOTAL FAT 15g; SAT. FAT 4g; CHOL. 68mg; SODIUM 458mg; CARB. 47g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 7g; PROTEIN 31g; POTASSIUM 714 mg