This delicious and well-balanced meal makes eating healthy for lunch or dinner quick, easy and flavorful.
This sponsored recipe is brought by Uncle Ben’s as part of Food & Nutrition‘s Recipe Roundup program. Click for more recipes.
Recipe by Emily Cooper, RDN
- 1½ cups Uncle Ben’s Original Converted Brand Rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons (90 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
In a large stockpot, cook rice according to package directions using 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of water. Once rice is cooked, stir in cooked turkey, soy sauce, baby spinach, remaining 1 cup of broth and half of chopped green onions. Cook mixture an additional 5-7 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Divide mixture evenly into 6 bowls. Top each with remaining green onions, and 1 teaspoon each of sesame oil and sesame seeds before serving. Serves 6.
Serving Size: 1 bowl (1 cup cooked rice, 1/2 cup cooked turkey)
CALORIES 395; TOTAL FAT 17g; SAT. FAT 3g; CHOL. 37mg; SODIUM 323mg; CARB. 39g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 20g; POTASSIUM NA; PHOSPHORUS NA