This sponsored recipe is brought to you by Unilever, whose Agents of Change Program celebrates the innovative registered dietitians working to create a healthier, more sustainable future — through food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth. Click here to learn more about Unilever’s Agents of Change Program and the new Sustainable Nutrition Manifesto.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6-7 cups of florets)
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- vegetable broth, optional
- 1 tablespoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Organic!
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 4 brussels sprouts
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- In a large pot add cauliflower florets, grated garlic and kosher salt. Add just enough vegetable broth or water – about ½ to 1 inch from the bottom of the pot. This will help steam the cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and put on a tight-fitting lid. Simmer just until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss ingredients for topping on a baking sheet and spray generously with nonstick olive oil cooking spray. Roast at 450° for 15 minutes, until Brussels sprouts and chickpeas are crispy and crunchy. Remove and let rest.
- Drain cauliflower and add it to a food processor along with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Organic!, Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop mashed cauliflower into a bowl, top with roasted Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, extra sprinkles of Parmesan cheese and added black pepper if desired. Serve hot!
Click here to see more recipes from Unilever’s Agents of Change gallery.