Sometimes, I crave a sweet treat but don’t want to eat a ton of added sugar, so I created this vegan “milkshake” that is naturally sweet. Instead of using frozen bananas that many frozen vegan desserts call for, I used a frozen pear. The type is up to you! Comice pears tend to be on the sweeter side whereas Bartlett pears are a bit milder. The best part is that this “milkshake” comes together in minutes — all you need to do is pop the ingredients in the blender and voila!
Easy Vegan Mint “Milk Shake”
- ⅔ cup unsweetened soy milk (or any unsweetened milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium to large frozen pear, cubed
- In a blender, combine soy milk, almond butter, cacao nibs, peppermint oil and spinach
- Blend until ingredients have a juice-like consistency.
- Add frozen pear and blend until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour contents into a cup or bowl and enjoy!