Continuing Professional Education quizzes offer dietetics professionals the opportunity to earn CPE credit. Food & Nutrition Magazine® offers 2.0 CPE hours via a self study (not professional reading) for completing the entire issue. Quiz questions reflect a series of articles, not a single article.
IMPORTANT: If you are reading this through the Food & Nutrition Magazine® app on your tablet or smart phone, copy this URL (FoodandNutrition.org/CPE) and paste it into your device internet browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) for full functionality.
Below is the September/October 2019 Food & Nutrition® CPE quiz. All questions are multiple choice and include an answer key.
- Enter your name and CDR registration number.
- Answer all of the quiz questions.
- Enter the Captcha® code. (This is to verify you are a real person and not a bot.)
- Press the SUBMIT button.
- From the confirmation page, you may choose to download a Certificate of Completion or email yourself a link to the certificate. Click one of the links — either to download or to email certificate:
- Download: the certificate will appear in your browser window as a PDF; print the certificate from this page or right-click to download and save.
- Email: this will open your computer’s default email program with a populated message that includes a link to download the certificate. Be sure to change the email recipient “To:” field to your email address.
- Print and fill out the certificate for your records. Retain a copy for your portfolio and licensure needs. Food & Nutrition® will have your participation on file for seven (7) years.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered (NDTRs) will need to manually log this activity in the Step 4 CPE Activity Log. It is up to the practitioner to determine which learning needs code is most appropriate for his or her portfolio.
|Quiz Expiration Date||8/30/2022|
|Estimated time to complete activity||2.0 hrs|
|Quiz CPE credits||2.0 hrs|
This CPE quiz covers the following articles:
- Cheese Knives: Slice It Right
- Why are Golden Berries Gaining Popularity?
- Hearty Harvest Cooking
- The History of Vegetarian Diets
- Just Add Sauce
- My Global Table: Sweden
- Special Series: Micronutrients
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss uses for cheese knives
- Describe the food culture of Sweden
- Explain variations in tomato sauces
- Discuss the history and development of vegetarian diets
- Implement best practices for cooking winter squashes
- Know the production and nutritional benefits of tempeh
- Summarize the role of folate