Synopsis of the App: Aaptiv delivers music-driven workouts on demand.
Price and Platform: Free + Free trial. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Simple, user-friendly design.
- Includes thousands of workout classes.
- All classes are led by certified trainers who you can learn more about inside the app.
- Select classes by trainer and specialty. Go for high intensity, technical skills, or the trainer’s attitude like fun and supportive to find the best fit.
- Do a workout at the gym, at home, outdoors — wherever you want.
- Choose from a variety of exercise categories including outdoor running, indoor cycling, strength training, yoga, meditation, boxing, or walking for example.
- Fun and motivating playlists from current music makers in all genres from pop to electronic, hip hop, rock, indie and more.
- Explore popular programs like Ease into Exercise, Total Body Training, or Cross Train to 5K at the beginner to advance levels.
- The search function makes choosing a program quick and easy with filters to discover workouts by type, difficulty, duration, music genre, or trainer.
- Save your favorite workouts and tap to download workouts to do later.
- View recent activity and track your workout trends by the week and month, all-time, minutes, or miles.
- Includes a free 7-day trial.
- Requires a name and email address and automatically enrolls you in marketing emails.
- Must subscribe to get the free trial membership at 99.99/year — which means you must remember to cancel if it doesn’t work out.
Bottom Line: With a robust music list, Aaptiv stands out from many on-demand fitness apps. Ideal for the music lover with a penchant for fitness, Aaptiv keeps workouts and tunes within reach wherever you are.