Synopsis: Balance is the world’s first personalized meditation audio program that adapts to you.
Price and Platform: 7-Day Free Trial + $69.99/year premium. iOS and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Polished, pleasant and user-friendly app design with comforting narration.
- Begins with a detailed user questionnaire to immediately help personalize the meditation program experience.
- Select and rank priority goals such as reduce stress, improve sleep, improve mood or increase focus.
- Identify and narrow down distractions and assess the degree of difficulty in finishing tasks or procrastination.
- Offers a range of meditation experiences tailored for beginner to experienced meditators and options to meditate morning, afternoon or evening.
- Opt in or out of daily meditation reminders.
- Creates a personalized foundations plan program based on your goals and assessment.
- Includes guided meditations and quick exercises targeting anxiety to quiet worries and build skills.
- Offers short exercises for midday resets, visualizations, walking meditations, timed nature sounds and more.
- The premium Balance program includes a library of meditations for stress and sleep, to tackle skills such as gratitude, and new monthly meditations.
- Offers ongoing personalization with daily questions to further customize your meditation plan.
- Select your preferred meditation duration, starting with a brief three minutes for beginners.
- Tap into the Balance coach for guidance during your first 10 days in the app.
- Learn and practice techniques to help focus your attention one task at a time.
- Train your focus with learned skills to help you concentrate better when not meditating.
- Balance uses calm and encouraging voices that normalize the difficulty in starting a meditation practice but also motivate by acknowledging the progress the user makes with each meditation session.
- Opt for a supportive masculine (Ofosu) or feminine (Leah) voice for each guided meditation.
- Includes breathing exercises and easy ways to practice from wherever you are.
- Includes a sleep tab with activities to help you fall asleep or wind down before bed.
- Requires an email login to participate and access your personalized plan.
- Graphics are not gender neutral.
Bottom Line: Great for anyone wanting to get into a regular meditation practice, including experienced meditators but especially for anyone new to the practice, Balance lives up to its promise as the meditation program that adapts to you.