Baked banana fritters with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle of nuts are a naturally sweet breakfast.
SERVING SIZE: 3 fritters, 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 tablespoon walnuts (80 grams)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (1 milliliter) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add egg, flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir with a fork until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop banana mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush top of fritters with oil. Bake 14 minutes.
- Flip each fritter with a spatula, brush with oil and bake an additional 14 minutes.
- Remove fritters from oven and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Garnish each serving of 3 fritters with 1 tablespoon yogurt, a sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon walnuts.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 254 calories, 12g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 34mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 15g sugar, 6g protein, 460mg potassium, 95mg phosphorus