Pantry staples including canned beans, dried fruit, nuts and nut butter come together in a sweet and salty breakfast treat to enjoy all week.
SERVING SIZE: 1 bar (103 grams)
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup raw unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup natural creamy cashew butter
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (131 milliliters) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons (9 milliliters) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Lightly coat a 13-by-9-inch pan with cooking spray. Mix oats, coconut, sunflower kernels, cashews, dried cherries, chocolate chips, kosher salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place dates, cashew butter, beans, applesauce and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the blended ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and stir.
- Spread onto the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with flaky sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and slice into 12 bars. Wrap each bar with plastic wrap and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 358 calories, 19g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 20g sugar, 8g protein, 455mg potassium, NA phosphorus