Synopsis: Chain is designed to help you build new habits. In it, you can form, share and explore habits and follow people with similar goals.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple only.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Easy-to-use app with a simple design.
- Use the calendar function to set, enter and track habits.
- Easily create a habit in just a couple of clicks. Tick off each habit for every day you complete it.
- There is no limit on the type of habit you can set. Enter anything from learning Spanish to daily meditation or exercise.
- Share your habits and progress in the Chain social feed or keep them private.
- Explore others in the community with similar habits and levels of productivity.
- Follow friends and family and form a community of supporters.
- Use the option to set reminders to track each habit or not.
- Chain offers basic metrics to monitor habit streaks, your best days and total days performing the habit.
- Follow users to have their posts show up in your feed or browse the “Explore” tab for inspiration from the Chain community. This tab offers a space to spark ideas, get motivation and connect with people pursuing the same habits.
- Requires you to sign up with email or Apple sign-in, but you can hide your email address and choose a pseudonym for your username.
- Chain is simple and may lead users to seek a more feature-rich app.
Bottom Line: Chain is ideal for anyone wanting to create and track habits with a community of like-minded people online.