Synopsis: A digital cookbook subscription service, ckbk offers cookbooks from all over the globe in one platform.
Price and Platform: Free with paid option. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Ckbk offers a collection of more than 100,000 recipes from a variety of cookbooks from all over the globe. Search the ckbk library by book title, author or recipe details such as name, ingredient and cuisine.
- Explore regional cuisines by adding in the country or region’s name.
- Not a fan of cilantro? Exclude it or other ingredients from recipe results with one click.
- Use the ckbk filters to set dietary preferences such as pescatarian, vegan and vegetarian and gluten-free.
- Explore the author pages and discover new recipes and authors based on those most recommended by others in the community.
- Create and use personal collections to plan meals or for easily recalling favorites.
- Want a print copy? Ckbk links out for easy shopping.
- Attend live cook-alongs and explore food features and stories all within the app.
- Offers three free recipes a month and a 14-day free trial for plans that start at $3.33 per month.
- The database is not complete, and your favorite chef or cookbook author may not be included.
- Many of the books and photos appear dated.
- Diet filters are limited to pescatarian, vegan and vegetarian and gluten-free.
- Logging into the app for the first time automatically subscribes you to the app’s email list.
Bottom Line: Ideal for cookbook lovers who might be running out of shelf space, ckbk is an affordable way to access a large number of cookbook recipes in an easy-to-search platform.