Synopsis: Cosmic Kids is a yoga and mindfulness app for kids.
Price and Platform: Free trial. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Colorful and cheerful space that welcomes kids with a fun atmosphere.
- Activities are led by a spirited yoga teacher who cheerfully engages kids throughout each 15-minute lesson.
- Includes meditations to help kids relax, calm down or get focused.
- Users can explore thumbnails and video descriptions before starting a subscription (but cannot access the content).
- Includes fun and engaging meditations and yoga sessions, such as the popular “10 minutes to bed” session and the more active Calypso the Flamingo yoga adventure.
- Offers more than 50 yoga adventures including some set to “Frozen,” “Star Wars” and “Moana” themes.
- Kids can partake in hours of mindfulness and guided relaxation sessions in the Zen Den and up their yoga skills using Cosmic Kids’ Yoga Pose universe clips, stories and songs.
- Includes explanations for each yoga pose.
- Must subscribe using an auto-renewing subscription plan in order to get the 14-day free trial — meaning you have to be sure to cancel the subscription to avoid being charged.
- Similar content can be accessed on the popular Youtube channel under the same name. So the $64.99 per year price tag may not be worth it for some.
Bottom Line: Cosmic Kids is a bright and cheerful app that’s ideal for kids who need an outlet or fun way to improve balance, focus and awareness.