Synopsis: DishQuo is a meal planning app with rewards for tracking meals and milestones.
Price and Platform: Paid with free trial. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Offers 750 recipes to meet different dietary preferences such as vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free, as well as cuisine and taste preferences. It also offers a personalized meal plan option.
- Weekly meal plans with photos and options for meal prepping and family meal planning including some diabetes-friendly meals.
- Includes a recipe maker and grocery list generator.
- Option to start small or use a comprehensive weekly plan.
- Goals are adjustable over time.
- DishQuo’s Healthy Habits Rewards Program helps incentivize users to log meals and track measurements, maintain meal planning streaks and reach milestones to earn points that can be cashed in for gift cards to more than 30 stores such as Athleta, Adidas and Nordstrom.
- Syncs with grocery delivery services for convenience.
- New users can use a free two-week trial before paying $8 to $12 for a subscription.
- The developer privacy disclosure indicates that the app may use data regarding users’ location, contact information and diagnostics to track across apps and websites owned by other companies. Other data also may be linked to you including usage data and purchases.
- DishQuo places a heavy emphasis on logging meals, which may not be a good fit for all users.
Bottom Line: DishQuo is similar to other meal planning apps but has a major tracking and weight-loss component that may not be a good fit for those following a non-diet approach to health and well-being.