Synopsis of the App: Water Reminder – Drink Water is designed to easily track daily water intake and remind you when you need it most.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Simple yet well-designed app.
- Set the app for metric or imperial units of measure.
- Customize inputs by selecting gender, weight and whether or not you exercise for slightly more accurate water recommendations.
- Adjust the water target to personal needs with a range from 0-256 ounces (or 7,560 ml).
- Get optional unlimited reminders to drink every 30 minutes up to five hours.
- Select different types and volumes of beverages like water, coffee, tea, milk, juice, soda, wine and yogurt. (Upgrade to include beverages like smoothies, energy drinks, coconut water, hot chocolate, beer, kefir, bouillon, sports drinks, kombucha, lattes, kissel and spirits.)
- Watch your percent water intake goal fill up during the day.
- Track and view hydration history in a chart by the day, week or month.
- Earn “awards” for hydration high points and milestones and share the badges with friends and family on social media.
- Connects with Apple Health and HealthKit.
- Includes advertisements on each page as well as regular pop up advertisements.
- App doesn’t account for training intensity or weather, which can affect hydration needs.
Bottom Line: Water Reminder is useful for anyone who struggles to remember to drink enough each day.