This legume-filled sweet treat has a hint of coffee flavor and flecks of vanilla bean.
SERVING SIZE: 1 blondie (63 grams)
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1½ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup creamy no-stir peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch flaky salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Prepare an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, espresso powder, oats, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined and smooth, scraping sides one to two times during processing. Transfer batter to loaf pan and smooth top with spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is set.
- Allow blondies to cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes. Lift parchment paper, transfer blondies to cutting board and cool for 15 minutes. Use a knife to cut into eight squares. Store leftover squares in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 186 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 15g sugar, 6g protein, NA potassium, NA phosphorus