Synopsis of the App: With a cheerful aesthetic, Flora is a focus- and habit-tracking app that uses gamification and an online community to stay on task.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple only.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Flora gamifies the Pomodoro method for productivity and uses community to keep users on task. Users grow virtual trees during focus sessions.
- Gather online friends to grow virtual trees together and hold each other accountable. If one person flees the session, the plant dies for everyone.
- Track mindfulness and good habit streaks using the easy-to-follow statistics tab with monthly stats and categories.
- Set regular goals and goal reminders to reduce procrastination, scrolling social media and mindless screen time.
- Elect goals related to books you’re reading, mediation, yoga, homework or talking with the family.
- Users can donate real money and plant a real tree in Africa for breaking the focus session. Via a partnership with a non-profit organization, the company has already planted 16,000 trees!
- Although the developers are working on other ways to sign in, the app currently doesn’t have another option beyond Facebook, which could exclude some users due to privacy concerns.
- Available only for iPhone at the time of this review.
Bottom Line: Flora is ideal for anyone struggling to stay focused who needs the motivation of a group or gameplay to stay on task.