Synopsis: Based on the Pomodoro method for productivity, Focus Keeper is a simple timer app that makes time blocking easy.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Simple design with changing colors and smart sounds to alert the user to when it’s time to focus on one task or take a long or short break.
- Easily start, stop or adjust the time with a swipe of the screen.
- Intuitive interface and minimalist design serve to reduce distractions when setting up the app.
- Start with the standard 25-minute time blocks and 5-minute breaks or adjust to suit your day. Power through several focused sessions without touching the screen.
- Customize focus sessions (adjusting times up or down), tones (on or off), colors and number of rounds or goals you want to accomplish each day.
- See how you’re doing with automatically generated 14- and 30-day progress charts.
- Set volume and sound effects such as ticking and alarm, or have a quiet focus session.
- Opt in to notifications to be reminded when to start a focus session.
- Available for mobile phones and tablets to easily create a distraction-free zone.
- The free app doesn’t allow you to lock in a custom time block, so users must set it each time.
Bottom Line: Ideal for writers and anyone who struggles with productivity, Focus Keeper can help users stay focused on one task at a time. With a hands-free set-up, customizable tools and progress tracking options, Focus Keeper is a simple app that can pay off big time.