A spin on the traditional wedge salad, grilled lettuce is paired with a garlic tahini dressing and topped with bacon and onions.
SERVING SIZE: 1 wedge (168 grams), 1 tablespoon dressing (18 grams), plus bacon crumbles and red onion garnish (14 grams)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 tablespoons (49 milliliters) olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons (17 milliliters) honey
- 2 teaspoons (9 milliliters) lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Add bacon to medium skillet over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes per side until bacon is crisp. Place bacon on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- To prepare dressing, combine tahini, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and sea salt in a small bowl or jar. Whisk to combine and refrigerate.
- To a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon garlic. Set aside. Rinse lettuce and pat dry with a clean towel. Cut lettuce head through the core into four equally sized wedges, then remove outermost leaves.
- Preheat grill to 400°F (204°C). Brush lettuce wedges with olive oil and garlic mixture. Place lettuce cut side down and grill for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn lettuce to grill the other cut side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from grill and serve each wedge with 1 tablespoon tahini dressing, and equal amounts crumbled bacon and chopped red onions.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 370 calories, 33g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 27mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 8g sugar, 8g protein, 397mg potassium, 163mg phosphorus