Dates are stuffed with a blend of creamy goat cheese, fresh herbs and tangy pomegranate arils for a sweet and savory appetizer.
SERVING SIZE: 3 stuffed date halves (30 grams)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, stem removed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 9 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, rosemary, pomegranate arils and black pepper.
- Use a fork to mix well, then set aside.
- Cut each date in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of goat cheese mixture in each date half.
- Place stuffed date halves on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Cooking note: If not serving immediately, store in refrigerator but allow to soften at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 159 calories, 6g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 11mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 20g sugar, 5g protein, 247mg potassium, 91mg phosphorus